Sunday morning worship at 10:30 a.m. Tillsonburg, ON
The history of the church starts with the “old chappelle” of the Wesleyan Methodist Church established in Tillsonburg in 1835. In 1867 the Tillsonburg Methodist Church was built on the site of the present St. Paul’s United Church.
This building was consumed by fire in 1912 and was replaced with the present church,
which opened in 1914. In 1917 the name was changed to St. Paul’s Methodist Church.
In 1925, when the Methodist, Congregationalist and Presbyterian churches in Canada joined together to create the United Church of Canada, the church’s name was changed once again, and has remained St. Paul’s United Church.
Many changes and improvements to the building have been made over the years. In 1988 a new Friendship Centre opened housing the Friendship Room, Minister’s Study, offices and the elevator. The existing Banquet Hall was also enlarged and a spacious, state of the art kitchen was added.